The Continuous Life Moving Through Light


A quick preface, in which one should receive a timely update in the matter of my life...still a dork.

Shit, this writing strike that I have been piggybacking is now over. When readers asked why I haven't updated this blog, my reply was that I was expressing solidarity with the WGA. My debunked excuse did not travel far as it is obvious that I and the members of the WGA operate in seemingly different worlds...and then there is the fact that I do not receive compensation for this regurgitation of complete lameness from one may not ever recover. I have no protest and will just allow nature to take its ill-advised course on a poorly designed, though eco-efficient slow train to crash and burn...this is my mind.

I saw In Bruges with Colin Farell, Ralph Fiennes and Brenden Gleeson this weekend. Not 'with' them...they starred in the film which was shot 'on location'. Aren't all movies filmed 'on location' anyway? I believe what is meant is the filming is done where the actual setting of the story takes place, in this case Bruges, Belgium. Never heard of it, right? Pretty much the premise of the film. There's a lot more to it though, Colin Farell's reluctance and Ralph Fiennes' intensity are fucking hilarious and Brenden Gleeson's humaness balances them both for a largley entertaining and enjoyable veiwing at Midtown Art Cinema with old bears who reached extreme decibles with the slightest giggle. Okay, I exaggerated the latter but the movie is brilliant. If you go, make sure you pronounce In Bruge like 'broozh' so you don't look like an ass. I didn't mispronounce it, I'm just an ass...wysiwyg [what you see is what you get].

Of the actors, actresses and films nominated in next week's Oscar presentations, I'll be rooting for; Emile Hirsch for Best Actor from Into The Wild [shafted, although I did not see Daneil Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood], Javier Bardem for Best Supporting Actor from No Country For Old Men, Ellen Page for Best Actress from Juno, Juno [credit Diablo Cody for writing] for best original screenplay, and The Darjeeling Limited for Best Picture [again, shafted. I haven't seen There Will Be Blood]. Seriously, I think No Country For Old Men will win. Juno was good and all, but I'm just saying...

Normally I listen to bands that not many know exist, and then when they break through I'm so done with them. This time, Meet Me In St. Louis met their demise before I could get a good word out about them. The lead vocalist dropped out months ago and more recently the drummer threw his sticks in. I've fancied them for some time now and will onward because they still kick the shit out of my playlists.


good to be back

0 echoes:

Post a Comment

listen