The Clockwork Just Doesn't Add Up


...dude! Its like been a month of semi-professional procrastination only a gent such as myself can successfully pull off, or put on. The illegitimate excuse I will use from my arsenal of excuses would be that I was just too busy becoming a bad ass. In my experience the nice guy that I am is bringing me a lot of shit luck and not getting me anywhere. This bad ass thing is harder to pull of as one may think. So far my resume contains:

  • partaking in the murder of numerous packets of Orbitz chewing gum
  • planning on planning to get a rebellious tattoo inked into my arm
  • planning the second tattoo before getting the first
  • waiting 3 days before Christmas to do Christmas shopping
  • leaving my office a mess while I'm out for vacation for the next 2 weeks
  • that experience with Peroni ... probably shouldn't be on this list
...hells yeah! But no...I really haven't been getting the results I hoped for but I'm keeping the faith and shall continue. Onward!

There must have been some type of equinox this past Tuesday because I was lucky enough to attend a screening of the movie Juno at the Midtown Art Cinema. I wasn't sure how big of a turn-out there would be so to ensure we got seats I skipped out of work a little early and arrived to 8th & Monroe a whole two and a half hours early. Suffice to say I was the first one there. I updated my accomplice, had half of the best chicken quesadilla ever from Whole Foods, and grabbed a Creative Loafing and waited like an eager douche bag in the parking lot. When Jeni arrived we still had an hour to spare so we toured the neighboring Trader Joe's and if she was an alcohol consumer like myself we would have hit The Independent...because their jukebox plays Bloc Party. Anyway, the movie was one of the best I've seen this year. Up there with No Country For Old Men and it totally kicked I Am Legend's sucky ass! Oh...we got Juno t-shirts too.

So yeah, all of you missed out on that and you are most likely missing out on some great music too so I'll get you into the shit. There are no words right now to describe my liking for Meet Me In St. Louis...I guess they are vagtastic! These blokes and their lyrics and the clockwork of their instrumentation pretty much need to be in everyones life. Variations On Swing is their release. They kick everything else thats in my playlist in the nuts very hard.

I'm also into the smooth sounds of Pseudosix. Well, as of late I have been driving really, really fast through the connector for some reason...and Pseudosix allows me to enjoy it even more. Normally its the faster, more beaty music that gets me going but this smooth shit does it for me. Thats not without saying that 50 Foot Wave is not too far behind, the still kill it. Screaming along to Golden Ocean and Pneuma is getting to my voice.

As far as electronic goes, minus the lazor beam sounds and all, Hot Chip's new shit, Made In The Dark gives me chills...especially the title song. We're Looking For A Lot Of Love and In The Privacy Of Our Love are my favs, slow and sweet.

With all that said, give Meet Me In St Louis a try and you will like it.

2 echoes:

At December 23, 2007 at 8:45 PM sub_par said...

You should probably proof a little better if you want to be a serious writer. I'm just sayin'...



Miss you!

 
At January 2, 2008 at 7:50 AM aimz said...

Happy New Year!!
Hope you had a good one :)

CheerS !

 

Post a Comment

listen